- About opening hours and prices
- About tickets and online reservations
- About transport to Micropia
- About your visit to Micropia
Opening hours and prices
- What are the opening hours?
Micropia is open everyday from 10 am to 5 pm.
- How long can my visit take with a start time/reservation?
You can stay as long as you like. However, we assume your visit will take around 1.5 hours.
- What are the ticket prices?
Have a look at this page for all information regarding ticket prices.
Tickets and online reservations
- How and when can I buy tickets?
You can reserve a start time/purchase a ticket online at dagtickets.artis.nl .
- Can I buy a combi ticket for ARTIS and Micropia?
Yes, you can now also buy combi tickets for ARTIS, the ARTIS-Groote Museum and Micropia. Buy your tickets at dagtickets.artis.nl .
- I am a student, can I go to Micropia with a student discount?
It is possible to visit Micropia with a student discount. Buy your ticket for Micropia online and bring your student card with you.
- I have a Museumcard/ IAmsterdam card, can I use it now?
Yes, visitors with a Museumcard/IAmsterdam card can use this. However: you will have to rmake a reservation at dagtickets.artis.nl . Click on 'I already have a ticket' and chose the venue 'Micropia'. Then you click on 'Time slot ticketholder' to reserve a time slot.
- I have a discount card for Micropia, can I use it?
It is possible to visit Micropia with a discount. Please note: it is obligatory to make a reservation via dagtickets.artis.nl . Click on 'I already have a ticket' and chose the venue 'Micropia'. Then you click on 'Time slot ticketholder' to reserve a time slot. Before your visit, visit the box office to confirm your discount, and pay the remaining amount. After this, you can visit Micropia. You'll have to be able to show your proof of registration at the entrance.
- Why do I have to make a reservation?
All visitors to Micropia will require a reservation. Except for ARTIS-members, -friends and -club members, who no longer need to reserve a start time; they can always enter on presentation of their pass. Please also make a reservation for infants aged 0–12 . Reserving a start time is mandatory. In this way we can regulate the maximum amount of visitors and therefore ensure that everyone's visit to Micropia is safe and responsible.
- When can I enter with a reservation?
You can enter Micropia with a start time in between the time span of 15 minutes, there is no time limit to your visit.
- I'm not a member, but I do have a ticket for Micropia and would like to visit. Can I reserve a start time as well?
You can make a reservation at dagtickets.artis.nl . Please note: it is obligatory to make a reservation via dagtickets.artis.nl . Click on 'I already have a ticket' and chose the venue 'Micropia'. Then you click on 'Time slot ticketholder' to reserve a time slot. Before your visit, visit the box office to confirm your discount, and pay the remaining amount. After this, you can visit Micropia. You'll have to be able to show your proof of registration at the entrance.
- I've made a reservation, but won't be able to make it. Can I cancel?
We are unable to refund timed entry tickets. If you purchased individual tickets, you can book a new entry time. To do so, contact our customer relations service . Group booking cancellations and/or changes must be made at least one week in advance. Otherwise, ARTIS will charge the full price for admission and catering.
Transport to Micropia
- Where can I park my bicycle?
There are certain bike spots available next to Micropia to park your bike. At the beginning of the ARTIS car park are various spaces for your bike available. If you park you bike in other spots, you’re at risk that your bike will be removed.
- Where can I park my car?
ARTIS Amsterdam Royal Zoo has its own parking facility. Micropia visitors can take advantage of discount parking fees. The parking facility is only 150 meters away from the entrance to Micropia. Read more about parking and directions here .
Your visit to Micropia
- Where can I find the entrance?
You can find the entrance at the original spot at the Artisplein. You can find the map with the entrance here.
- I am disabled. Can Micropia accommodate me?
Micropia is, for the most part, accessible to wheelchair users. Visitors with a disability should report to the Micropia desk. There is an elevator and a toilet for the disabled.
The ARTIS & Micropia parking fees apply for the disabled parking spaces in the parking facility.
- Am I allowed to take pictures using a flash in Micropia?
Although you may certainly take pictures and shoot video in Micropia, you may not use a flash. Since Micropia is dimly lit, using a flash will disturb other visitors, as well as museum employees.
- Are animals allowed in Micropia?
Assistance dogs are allowed in Micropia, other animals are not. Are you also visiting ARTIS? Click for more information about assistance dogs in ARTIS.
- Where can I leave my jacket or other personal items?
There are small lockers available for personal items.
- Can I bring food and drinks to Micropia?
Food and drinks may not be taken inside the museum.
- Are there restrooms available in Micropia?
At the groundfloor there are restroom facilities available. On the first floor (accessible by elevator) there is a toilet for the disabled.
- Are there baby changing rooms/nursing rooms available in Micropia?
There are baby changing facilities available at ARTIS Amsterdam Royal Zoo. This includes a nursing mother's room. If you require these facilities, ask at the ticket booth of ARTIS for access.
- Can I pay with cash in Micropia?
Micropia is pin only. Both tickets and products from the shop can only be bought by card in Micropia.